Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

How i keep fit


I haven't been fit all of my life, the past two - three years I have been my fittest and most happy with my body. I used to be a size UK 12-14 but as I've pushed myself I'm now a UK size 6-8. EATING When I decided to loose weight the first thing I had to let go was the amount of food I used to eat and control my cravings. For example after dinner I would be full but my head would always say more, without thinking of the consequences (I WAS BLIND TO MY WEIGHT) but now I've leant to have a piece of fruit instead of a sandwich. I know a lot of people that count how much they eat and I know that counting what you eat won't matter.. its all about the good food. I usually start my day by eating a bowl of fruits, which includes apples, bananas or different fruit. oh.. and I drink a mug of coffee. thats one thing i'll never give up... COFFEEEEEE MMMMMMM! *.* Then until lunch I usually drink water or ice tea and that usually compresses my cravings and it does fill you up, but when I get those days where I just want to munch away on everything, I have a low fat yoghurt. When dinner time rolls up I never say no to what mum cooks me as i'm Portuguese and I love my pasta but I try not to eat too much. When she does cook me those types of food I try to control the portions. But I like to keep to the safe side and have a salad, mixed with different meats and veg. Even though I can't say i always enjoy it (keep to the routine). KEEPING ACTIVE I am a fitness fanatic and I love to look after my body and keeping active. It's the number one reason why my weight loose has worked. I have a monthly membership at a gym where I can do different classes like spinning, boxing, zumba, body bump and much more activities which never fails to keep me active. Keeping up with cardio is hard and unfortunately is one of the things that helps you loose weight. When I'm at the gym before starting my workout I like to do 10 minutes of running to get me hot and pumped but that isn't enough. As I'm working I bought myself a cross trainer and I start the mornings by going on it for 30 minutes. By completing my cardio in the mornings it keeps me happy throughout the day, knowing that its out of the way. When i'm at the gym I like to concentrate on two areas of my body and then the next day I chang it to two different parts. At the gym when I get demotivated i usually just motivate myself but putting some songs or looking at a picture of someone that i'm aiming or inspiring to look like. 
For the body you want you have to work for it and also eat healthy!

XOX




No comments:

Post a Comment